Monday, November 30, 2015

Post 7 K. Ellis Math 4.9 Elapsed Time

    4.9 ELAPSED TIME







     I like to use this video as part of my lesson on  teaching elapsed time. I know my students enjoy videos and this video reinforces what I am teaching them about elapsed time. youtube. I use this video to reconfirm what I have taught the day before. It is a good video and could be used for the beginning of the lesson but for my students their interest level would not withstand the video time when they do not understand the concept.
    Here is a video my students like to watch while learning elapsed time. The video uses a T-Chart to teach elapsed time. My preference when teaching elapsed time is to use a T -Chart rather than a time line. Depending on my class preassessment, I will use this video either to introduce elapsed time or wait until I can fill in some gaps about telling time before showing this video. Click here.youtube.
    I was actually looking for new material for my lesson plan when I decided to check in with the site Blendspace, but now is called Tes. I love this site because its keeps the lesson's time under five minutes. Let's face it, our students are gone on to greener pastures after a few minutes if the lesson is not fast paced. Tes.com.  Click here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment