Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Post 2 K. Ellis Math Virginia SOL 4.4 a,c Dividing Whole Numbers and Estimating Quotients




    My Pinterest  board has a lot of great ideas to use when teaching dividing with whole numbers and estimating quotients. I hope by using my board you will find some great ideas and save time in your search to make up a lesson plan that your students will be engaged and learning!    Click the blue Pinterest to go straight to my Division Board. Pinterest.  Another free site that I use is Cool Math. Cool Math gives the student an example of a division problem and simply explains how to divide.Click here Cool Math. I found this site for helping students estimate quotients.Sowa School.
     I have used Khan Academy videos for teaching long division for a different view. Click the blue click here to go straight to Khan Academy. click here
    After I have taught dividing using long division, I showed my students this video. My students loved this video! I let them watch the video twice so that each student has time to react!
Zaption.
 
    I hope that this blog gives you some great ideas for your lessons.


No comments:

Post a Comment